Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 - C7000v2 has no internet via wired connection but wireless devices reach internet

GarethC
Aspirant

AC1900 - C7000v2 has no internet via wired connection but wireless devices reach internet

Have this device since1/10/2019.  Downloaded and installed ReadySHAREVault onto desktop on 10/27.  Went out and came back and now desktop (which is wired to port on Netgear box) can not reach the internet BUT all other devices can (11 wireless devices and one other wired device all going thru the Netgear box). After trying so many things, got a message that I was being blocked so removed the only blocked device under access control but still no change in getting to the internet via the C7000v2.  Windows says its a DNS issue but I did not change anything there.  Any ideas?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
GarethC
Aspirant

Re: AC1900 - C7000v2 has no internet via wired connection but wireless devices reach internet

So this whole problem started when I had ReadyShareVault exe downloaded to Win7 and then executed it.  After that the computer I used to do the exe no longer had access to the internet while all other devices flowing through the Netgear box were able to access the internet.  So after 3 frustrating days of trying everything, bought 3 months of gearhead support from Netgear.  

Spent maybe 45 minutes on the phone with them (India support I believe) and the final resolution was to go into Control Panel / Device Manager / Network Adapters / RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller and double-clicked on it to get to the properties page.  From there, clicked on Driver tab, clicked on uninstall which took me to another screen - Confirm Device Uninstall - where I DID NOT use the check box but clicked on OK button.  After this, did a reboot which pulled the "missing" driver off a hard drive and then I could reach the internet again.

The explanation given to me was that during the ReadyShareVault software install, the LAN Family Controller became corrupt and needed to be replaced/refreshed.

I hope this helps some else out there.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1900 - C7000v2 has no internet via wired connection but wireless devices reach internet

Rebooting the modem and PC doesn't resolve this? 

Message 2 of 6
GarethC
Aspirant

Not any reboot has worked.  And I've done many but thanks for suggestion

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like something with your Networking adapter on this PC or the configuration of the networking on this PC is not working right. 

Message 4 of 6
GarethC
Aspirant

So this whole problem started when I had ReadyShareVault exe downloaded to Win7 and then executed it.  After that the computer I used to do the exe no longer had access to the internet while all other devices flowing through the Netgear box were able to access the internet.  So after 3 frustrating days of trying everything, bought 3 months of gearhead support from Netgear.  

Spent maybe 45 minutes on the phone with them (India support I believe) and the final resolution was to go into Control Panel / Device Manager / Network Adapters / RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller and double-clicked on it to get to the properties page.  From there, clicked on Driver tab, clicked on uninstall which took me to another screen - Confirm Device Uninstall - where I DID NOT use the check box but clicked on OK button.  After this, did a reboot which pulled the "missing" driver off a hard drive and then I could reach the internet again.

The explanation given to me was that during the ReadyShareVault software install, the LAN Family Controller became corrupt and needed to be replaced/refreshed.

I hope this helps some else out there.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. Glad you got it working. Thanks for letting us know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7