Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900

scienceteacherr
Aspirant

AC1900

I have had this Cable Modem Router for 1 1/2 to 2 years. In the past month, it has dropped the internet on an almost daily basis. Contacted our local Cable Co., and they suggested a "power Cycle off". I did, and the Internet came back. But I find I must perform a Power Cycle almost daily. I know this is not right, but don't know of the Modem is toast after just less than 2 years. Any furher suggestions?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC1900

Did the ISP check the line signal and quality UP to the modem? 

This happening on both wired and wireless connections? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
scienceteacherr
Aspirant

Yes, ISP checked signal coming in. It was determined that the Router is what disconnected.

Yes, it affects bot wired and wireless, as the "Internet" led light is completely off. After the power cycle, it comes back on, and all is good foe maybe a day.

Several Wireless networks nearby (Townhouse community).  But the outage affects both wired and wireless.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the modem and set it up from scratch. 

You maybe in a wifi congested area as well. 

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

You might reduce the power out put of the wifi radios from 100% to75 or 50% and see. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7