Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All lights are green but still no internet

rbrodoski3
Aspirant

All lights are green but still no internet

Hoping for some HELP!!!! I recenlty reset my modem (CM500) and TP Link router (no current issues) now all of my lights turn green on both devices except for the ethernet light on the CM500 modem.  It just flashes rapidly. I currently have no interenet connection even after I plug directly into the modem. No WiFi broadcast. I have checked with my ISP (COX) and they can see my router and sent a ping for service (came back good).  Can anyone please assist with this??? Thank you very much in advance.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: All lights are green but still no internet

If the ethernet port is blinking, it means its processing traffic. 

Try powering off the modem for 2 minutes, then connect your pc/laptop directly to the modem and power the modem on. 

give it several minutes to boot/connect and then see if you can access the internet. 

Message 2 of 6
rbrodoski3
Aspirant

I have actually tried all those things. Is there something software wise from the modem could be causing the issue??

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

@rbrodoski3 wrote:

I have actually tried all those things. ----And what happened? did the computer connect? 

Message 4 of 6
rbrodoski3
Aspirant

I wish i could say yes but nothing. For what ever reason it shows all my lights green again except for the ethernet port flashing rapidly and not internet connection.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

try it one more time. But this time, follow this. 

disconnect the CM500 from the router, Factory reset the CM500 , and then power it off. 

Disconnect the coax from it for 30 minutes. 

then connect the coax back to it and power it on. 

then connect a powered down pc/laptop to it. 

Then power on the pc/laptop.

Then try to use it. 

I've read of a few ISP's that don't release the public IP address for up to 30 minutes. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7