Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Another C3700 issue with slow wifi (especially on ipv4) - Comcast ISP

mrst23
Aspirant

Another C3700 issue with slow wifi (especially on ipv4) - Comcast ISP

I read so many forums which have the same issue as mine: perfect LAN speed (~120Mbps), same quality of wireless speed on ipv6, but poor on ipv4 (most recently I am lucky to have 40Mbps). Internet provider is Comcast. I went through all the same torture what others were describing (Comcast customer service; technician comes; signals good; etc.) and I am close to give up...

Did ever anyone get this issue resolved? I have never seen any resolution which could have worked for me. Did everyone just simply through away this device and bought something else? (to save time: No, I don't want to buy another, newer Netgear product).

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
matthubb
Aspirant

Re: Another C3700 issue with slow wifi (especially on ipv4) - Comcast ISP

Hi there - I would love to hear if you found a solution to this. I too have tried absolutely everything. Countless reboots, torturous calls with Comcast (including a one of their "Make it Right" cards), factory resets, firmware upgrades, the whole shootin' match.

Nothing.

Consistent <1mbps (hardwired and wireless) on a 75mbps plan from Comcast.

Can someone please help here?

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 2 of 3
mrst23
Aspirant

Re: Another C3700 issue with slow wifi (especially on ipv4) - Comcast ISP

Hey - Yes, I found a solution... I had to buy an additional new router. I personally bought the NETGEAR AC1600 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R6250). I am using my old c3700 as a modem only and the new router as a Wifi router and that resolved my issue. (I assume other router might be sufficient if that properly supports the high speed).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7