Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3000-100NAS

tony2019
Aspirant

C3000-100NAS

I had a rented modem from cox when they setup the 2 frequency: 2.4 GHz (S) and 5 GHz (F). I had it replaced by my own modem (Netgear C3000-100NAS)

My Honeywell thermostats have had issue with "Offline" very often. I checked my WiFi channel and found that it is set at auto, and the WiFi channel changed between channel 1 and 11 about every hour. I do not know if that causes the thermostat "Offline" problem or not. So I changed setting from auto to channel 11. It is good for a few days, but still get "Offline" issue.

When I check the number of WiFi channels in my neighborhood, I see both F and S in both channel 1 and channel 8. I did not set those up. I thought it is best to have WiFi channel at 1, 6 or 11, in order to avoid interference for the 2.4 GHz. But I do not know how to change the channel 8 WiFi channel to e.g. channel 6. How can I change it? 

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
tony2019
Aspirant

Re: C3000-100NAS

I checked www.netgear.com a few days ago and found that my modem complimentary 90 days technical support expired in March.

I had trouble shoot with Honeywell home care. The problem is probably not with the thermostat or the wire connections of the thermostat. The thermostat app is getting "Offline" often, but after I reset the modem, it will work again, for a few days.

I think it is interference of the WiFi channels that is causing the thermostat WiFi connection to drop. Probably not many users check their WiFi channel. If anyone has issue with their internet connections, is it a good idea to check their WiFi channels in the neighborhood?

I can change the WiFi channel of my modem/router. I did that by changing channel from "auto" to channel 11. But I cannot change the 2.4 GHz channel from channel 8 to a channel that I prefer. Are there better modem that let you change that?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7