Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700 firmware update TWC

fadi_nzr
Aspirant

C3700 firmware update TWC

Hello,

I am experiencing slowness in my wireless connection. I noticed that there's a newer version released from Netgear, and as you all no it's

not possible for me to flash the mode with new version. I called TWC my ISP and asked them to push the new version and they tried and they

said we are unable to push it. They said your best bet it to call Netgear and ask them to do that.

Current : V1.01.11

New :  V2.02.08

Any idea ???

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello fadi_nzr

All firmware is pushed by the ISP they just need to send some hits and reboots to the modem to get the firmware to update. When you call TWC you may want to ask for there level 3 tech support as they are more skilled with modems.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello fadi_nzr

All firmware is pushed by the ISP they just need to send some hits and reboots to the modem to get the firmware to update. When you call TWC you may want to ask for there level 3 tech support as they are more skilled with modems.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
fadi_nzr
Aspirant

I called them and they said that I have to wait for them to test the new firmware before they push it to their customers.

Message 3 of 6
Rpro11
Aspirant

DarrenM;
I have read all over the forum's info on trying to update the FW for Netgears c3700 modem.
I have experienced what others have. My ISP is TDS... I'm in southern Utah. I have talked with your support and was told I need to have my ISP push out the update. When I talked with them (3 times before they sent a tech out) they told me that the Netgear c3700 is not the their equipment and they don't have the updates. Finally they sent a tech out, but I was told if it's there equipment that is to fault their will not be a charge. But if it's the modem then their will be.
The tech came out and said the problem is the Netgear modem, it needs a FW update. I went round and round with him of what I've been told and read. He then tried it himself, he called his boss then had him call his and so forth. After going all they way up he was told that they will not push an update to a router that they don't own. I wanted them to do it no matter what, but was told that they won't in the event they messed up my modem, they didn't want to try. I pleaded but the big Boss said it's policy.
I see this two ways:
(1) Netgear does not have an option in the router to have the FW be updated so that customers will have to buy a new one every year. Or (2) the ISP won't push it out so that the customer has to rent a router from the ISP for $10 / month.
The dilemma is to rent, but I hate renting or buy a new modem. But I can not keep buying every time the firmware changes.
I wish Netgear would work with all the ISP's or let the customer manually update at themselves. Even if Netgear charged a fee.
Looks like I will have to find a company that can meet the needs.

If anyone knows of a modem that we can own and not throw away when the firmware get old, please post!
Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 4 of 6
rollie9999
Tutor

I have same problem with Comcast with additional issue that router speed tests at 100 Mbs when 300Mbs is being  supplied.

thought old firmware (1.0 vs 2.0) might be the issue. rebooted router several times myself. had ISP reboot router several times. had ISP completely remove router from their system and re-activate as if brand new install.  Nothing worked.  Called netgear support and they told me they'd fix my problem for $137 with one year service contract purchase which I'd probably have to do next time the firmware is upgraded as well.

think I'll just buy someone elses router next time that allows owner to upgrade firmware

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Rpro11

With cable firmware on any companies modem that you purchase all of the firmware is pushed out by the ISP no matter if its your modems or the ISP modem. Netgear creates the firmware and sends it to the ISP to certify and then the ISP will push it out via there servers.  We have no way to manually update the firmware.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7