Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C3700 slow speeds

scorpion3
Aspirant

C3700 slow speeds

I just switched accounts with my service provider today to keep the introductory rates. I have the same plan as before (200 Mbps). With everything same, while I was getting ~200Mbps download and ~34Mbps download, now I get only 28 / 5. Since its my own hardware, service provider is refusing to do anything saying its my problem, unless ofcourse I pay their tech to come over.

I guess that is my final option. Wanted to check if anyone else has any thoughts on it.

Capture.JPG

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

@scorpion3 wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I am using Optimum (only option I have). I dont know how to update modem association with account, I am guessing that's something the technician would have done?

i've never used optimum. it would take a technician to change the association but if the only thing changed was accounts, i'm inclined to think thats were the problems coming from. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

everything showing looks great.  Were you getting the full 200mbps speeds before switching accounts?  

Are you sure they switched accounts?  You don't say which provider you're going through but usually a modem has to be removed from an old account to become associate with a new account. Might be something to check on to see if they actually switched the modem to a new account and didn't just leave it running on the old account. Especially if everything worked fine prior to them switching it. 

Message 2 of 5
scorpion3
Aspirant

I am using Optimum (only option I have). I dont know how to update modem association with account, I am guessing that's something the technician would have done?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

@scorpion3 wrote:

i've never used optimum. it would take a technician to change the association but if the only thing changed was accounts, i'm inclined to think thats were the problems coming from. 

Message 4 of 5
scorpion3
Aspirant

Yes that was it. After the previous 2 support folks tried to sell me inhouse tech support, the 3rd one right away asked for the MAC and it was the 1st thing he checked. Looks like it all depends on who you get on the other end.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7