Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 AC1750 Port Forward Not Working.

epx998
Tutor

C6300 AC1750 Port Forward Not Working.

I have seen this in a lot of threads.  I need to enable SSH port forwarding to a server here at home, but I have ran into the same problem has hundreds of others.  Port forwading just plain doesn't work.  Is there any solution to this other than going to BBB for a defective product complaint? 

Message 1 of 10
epx998
Tutor

I called support, the India call center was too noisy to hear anything.  But I did hear the guy refuse to support the product, instead offering to sell me premium services.  Is the Netgear business model to make products that dont fully work, hoping to sell "premium" supprort?  I've opened a BBB complaint with the company.

Enough playing around.

Message 2 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @epx998,

We apologize that the feature is not working as it should. As a suggestion, try to check if SSH will work on DMZ. This is just to verify that port forwarding feature has the problem. If you can get your SSH to work through DMZ feature, kindly try to reset and reconfigure the unit. Push the reset button on the unit for 20 seconds. Power light must be blinking when you reset it. Once done, reconfigure the unit and see whether port forwarding would work. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

Message 3 of 10
epx998
Tutor

Hello Elaine,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried adding my server IP to the DMZ server configuration and it did not work. I also tried the hard reset before I posted with the same result, the modem will not port forward.

So end result, port forwarding SSH or HTTP does not work. This worked previously on my Motorola modem without issue.

Message 4 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@epx998 let me inquire this and see if there's a firmware that we could try for your device or if this needs replacement. Will message you as soon as I get a response.

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
epx998
Tutor

That was the 3rd thing I checked. The listed firmware from the status page of my modem is current with your lastest with Comcast. 😞
Message 6 of 10
epx998
Tutor

At the end of the day, this thing is basically a paper weight.  I had more problems with the replacement then I did the original.  

Netgear refused my request to exchange for a different model, they did offer me some $85 low end thing, had to remind them I spent $200.   My BBB complain will stand as a 1 star or negative if possible.  Similar reviews left on Amazon and Newegg.  

I had an issue with an Asus product once.  They replaced it with an upgraded version.  ASUS is Netgears direct competitor and Netgear doesn't measure up.  They've lost me as a customer and any chance I get to voice my story to a consumer, I will.

-1 for Netgear.

Message 7 of 10
stringzz
Aspirant

Hi Elaine, I am having same issue with c6300 router. I enabled DMZ on my computer and tried to SSH, no luck, cannot connect. 

firmware: V1.02.19

Message 8 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Stringzz

We have seen quite of few customer experiencing the same issues as you I am currently having this investigated on what could be causing the issue I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 10
dwat
Initiate

Has a solution been reached for this problem? I see that there have been no updates for months and I would also like to resolve this issue.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7