Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 Keeps Dropping Connection

justin_m
Aspirant

C6300 Keeps Dropping Connection

My AC1750 keeps dropping WiFi randomly.  I bought it just over three months ago...my free support ended last week and like clock work this issue started happening.  I have about 6 to 11 devices at anytime and have Nest, secuirty and light system on wireless so it is a big pain when it randomly drops.  I have to turn it on and off to get it back.  Get about 60mbps from my provider and there are no issues when devices can find the wireless. I've gone through all the classic troubleshooting steps (factory reset, etc) and no resolution.  wired connections are fine too after wireless drops.  I tried to call support but they wanted to charge me ~150 or ~200 (what great options) to remote control and update a few settings they said would work on splitting the bandwidth up across devices. I refused to pay by the end of the phone call because I said it is a random issue so I wouldn't know if it resolves it.  They refused to go further and I said I refuse to pay 150 on top of the 150 I paid for the product 3 months ago.  I'm hoping for some help here otherwise I'll just take it back to Best Buy and never buy or recommend a Netgear again.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: C6300 Keeps Dropping Connection

Welcome to the community, @justin_m

What's the exact model number of your NETGEAR device?

Message 2 of 5
justin_m
Aspirant

Message 3 of 5
Smith3993
Guide

I fought this problem for months and finally discovered that the problem for me was the PSP (Power Save Polling) feature of my Windows laptop, which is not supported by this router. In short, when the laptop's wifi adapter would "sleep" in power saving mode, it would basically block all connections to the router, and I would lose all connections (phones etc.) on the 2.5G channel that the laptop was using. To fix this, go to your Device Manager, click on Network Adapters, right click on wireless adapter, click properties, click Power Management, and UNselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Mine has worked flawlessly ever since doing this. Hope this helps.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
justin_m
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your response!  You've already done more than three calls to Netgear and netgear support on these forums...and you didn't try to ask for $150 dollars first 🙂

I checked my laptop and found that setting on, so I'll turn it off and make sure the other devices don't have it. I'll post back with findings, fingers crossed!!

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7