Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6300 Wireless Internet Disconnects 1 Device at a Time

sealskin
Aspirant

C6300 Wireless Internet Disconnects 1 Device at a Time

I've been struggling with my C6300 Modem/Router combo for over 3 months now. I am at the end of my sanity.

While I am streaming video, connecting to the company via virtual office(VPN), etc., my internet connection drops out on that device and switches to "no inernet connection" (I can still see my home network, just not the internet). The other devices in the home continue to function correctly. This happens on different operating systems, different laptops, and even my smart TV. The fix is either to disconnect and reconnect to wifi or reboot the C6300.

I have had over a dozen conversations with Time Warner Cable who has come out to my house multiple times, has replaced lines, and assures me that the problem is not with their network.

I've verified that the power levels are in range according to manufacturer specs (http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24311?cid=wmt_netgear_organic). I've removed all splitters and connect the modem/router directly to the wire entering my home. I've also tried all kinds of different wireless channels both on the 2.4 and 5GHz ranges. Lastly, I've confirmed that I am on the proper firmware version. When connecting a device, I have a strong signal each time the issue occurs. It has been occurring DAILY usually multiple times per day.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: C6300 Wireless Internet Disconnects 1 Device at a Time

Hello Sealskin

At this point I would suggest contacting netgear support so they can troubleshoot with you and see if maybe the hardware is having a issue and if so they can do a RMA.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7