Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 wifi drops

phil70
Initiate

I was offered to pay $90 to get support... That would be refunded if there's confirmation it's a hardware issue. I told Netgear I won't pay 50% of the cost to gamble on an uncertain replacement. Internet works, wifi not. I'll buy a non-netgear wifi router for less than that. Netgear shall just admit they have an issue and replace the defective equipment. Instead of this , they just lost the credit I was giving to the brand.

Message 26 of 34
garyemartin
Aspirant

I have TWC and I started having the same problem about the same time as everyone else. I rebooted the device, restored factory settings, searched for firmware updates and contacted TWC. My router works fine, it's the wifi that drops and since it's my own device, not their problem. I have an old wifi router that I plugged in to the C6300 and I'm using that network for my home. It doesn't drop, but the Netgear networks drop every few hours. Please provide a solution that I can do without TWC as they are awful.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 27 of 34
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello garyemartin

Have you tried changing the wireless channels of your router?

DarrenM

Message 28 of 34
anniefannie22
Aspirant

I have the same problem with my wifi constantly dropping connection and I am having to reboot my Netgear almost constantly just to be able to do anything online.  I am not sure what to do??

Message 29 of 34
ranger1701
Tutor

I have had 2 C6300 and they both drop wireless somethings every few minutes. I have been reading and trying everything on the internet. NetGear support is useless. Without support all of Netgears products are useless. If Netgear could make a working router they might be on to something. Fix the crappy software or atleast answer these post. 

Message 30 of 34
ranger1701
Tutor

I have the same issue only with a Dell computer. Wife uses internet all day, I come home, turn on my Dell XPS and wireless stops broadcasting. Netgear knows and just keeps making crap. They won't fix their broken modems but they will let a service company scam you out of $200. Find another router and don't buy Netgear. 

Message 31 of 34
George78734
Tutor

I'm on my second C6300, the first one began dropping WiFi about six months ago and was replaced. Now the replacement unit is doing the same thing. I've diligently looked for a solution on the Internet, but Netgear offers nothing--not even a response to these issues when raised in their own forums! I have been a loyal customer for many years and will never buy another Netgear product! It's truly disgraceful that such a large company would not address such a pervasive issue--they should at least offer a swap-out program or credit to those who trusted them enough to buy their defective merchandise. I'm convinced it is a hardware flaw that they refuse to accept responsibility for. Vote with your dollars. Tell your friends. This company deserves to lose market share for the way they've handled this situation.

Message 32 of 34
garyemartin
Aspirant

I tried everything available as a suggestion, including changing channels and having Spectrum reset things on their end, but the same issues continued. I eventually bought a separate cable modem and wifi router (not Netgear) and I have had no issues since.
Message 33 of 34
George78734
Tutor

I'm on my second C6300, the first one began dropping WiFi about six months ago and was replaced. Now the replacement unit is doing the same thing. I've diligently looked for a solution on the Internet, but Netgear offers nothing--not even a response to these issues when raised in their own forums! I have been a loyal customer for many years and will never buy another Netgear product! It's truly disgraceful that such a large company would not address such a pervasive issue--they should at least offer a swap-out program or credit to those who trusted them enough to buy their defective merchandise. I'm convinced it is a hardware flaw that they refuse to accept responsibility for. Vote with your dollars. Tell your friends. This company deserves to lose market share for the way they've handled this situation.

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7