Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6900 connection issues

Bturchi1
Guide

C6900 connection issues

Hello, because of this coronavirus I have been working from home, occasionally I will lose connection to the internet. The problem as far as I can figure is my up stream. The attached photo is a screenshot from my modems internet page during a disconnect. See in the upstream toward the bottom the unknown channels? Why does it do that and how do I fix it if that makes sense?

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

both your downstream has to many errors and your upstream isn't locking and is to high on power. 

try removing any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers from your line. preferablly hook the modem to right where the coax enters the home without anything in your line. 

Then use it for a bit and re-run the cable connections page.

If it isn't any better, then your isp needs to check your line. 

Message 2 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Message 3 of 12
Bturchi1
Guide

Thank you
Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it turns out. 

Message 5 of 12
Bturchi1
Guide

I have a technician coming so I will. Thanks for the help.
Message 6 of 12
Bturchi1
Guide

The Comcast technician said he is reading 17 at the meter and 0 at my modem so he agrees with your assessment that the cables in the apartment are the problem. Going to try an amplifier to see if that takes some of the stress out of my modem but I’m not optimistic about it if the cables are bad.
Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please tell him to check the cables, If he puts in a amplifier, then thats only going to amplify bad signals, will do nothing to help clean up signals. 

Message 8 of 12
Bturchi1
Guide

He couldn’t come in my apartment because of Covid 19.
Message 9 of 12
plemans
Guru

Thats unfortunate. Like @FURRYe38 said, amplifying a bad signal doesn't help any. If its the wiring going to the apartment, an amplifier could just make it worse.
Message 10 of 12
Bturchi1
Guide

Thanks for your help. This has been really frustrating but at least I know what the problem is thanks to you guys. I really appreciate it.
Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements