Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000-100NAS address reservration

n793kran
Initiate

C7000-100NAS address reservration

Hello,

I hope you all are doing well, I'm having an issue where I set an address reservation for devices on my network.

The problem I'm having is the router randomly clears some of the reservations. It's not all of them, and there's no real rhyme or reason I can see that it clears them.

It wasn't an issue up until recently, and some of the older reservations stay on there and haven't had any issues.

Does anyone know if there are any caveats to setting resolutions on this model, I originally was just selecting from the list of devices the one I would want, then just to be sure I went on the device and copied the MAC address and added it manually and still get the same results.

Thank you,

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed then set up IP address reservations? 

What browser are you using? Try IE11, Firefox or Opera. 

Message 2 of 5
n793kran
Initiate

I ended up getting it to work, There were 2 computers I was trying to setup the reservation on, and both computers I had set them up with wifi, and then when they were fully set up I'd plug them in to with a cable. Once connected with a network cable I'd set the reservation.

I'm guessing because the wireless was still connecting and they both shared the same host name it confused the router and it would just delete the reservation I set.

Once I disabled the wifi on each device (Which i wasn't going to use anyways it was just to initially set it up) and set the reservation I haven't had any issues in the past few days.

Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] I set an address reservation for devices on my network. [...]

You don't reserve an IP address for a computer/device; you reserve an
IP address for a network _interface_.  If your computer/device has two
network interfaces, like, say, an Ethernet interface and a wireless
interface, then you can reserve an IP address for each of them.  You
can't reserve the same IP address for both of them.

Your description of the address reservations which you tried to
define is too vague to permit a diagnosis.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, yes, having two different connectoions on the 1 PC can be confusing. Keep them appart and reserve an IP address for each of them. 

Please mark your thread as solved so other will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@n793kran wrote:

I ended up getting it to work, There were 2 computers I was trying to setup the reservation on, and both computers I had set them up with wifi, and then when they were fully set up I'd plug them in to with a cable. Once connected with a network cable I'd set the reservation.

I'm guessing because the wireless was still connecting and they both shared the same host name it confused the router and it would just delete the reservation I set.

Once I disabled the wifi on each device (Which i wasn't going to use anyways it was just to initially set it up) and set the reservation I haven't had any issues in the past few days.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7