Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 Can't connect to router with Linux computer

Terransky
Tutor

C7000v2 Can't connect to router with Linux computer

Several months ago I suddenly couldn't connect to the router on my Linux computer and it's persisted to this day. I've since had to rely on my windows computer to get in to the router.  I use the same browser on both computers (Brave). Now I'm planning on turning the windows box to linux and if I do, then I won't be able to connect to the router any longer.  Can anyone tell me what the deal is?  I've looked over the settings on the router and can't find anything that would cause this.  I've tried other browsers and it still won't work.  I've tried going to 192.168.0.1 and routerlogin.net and it never connects, it just hangs until it times out.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Terransky
Tutor

I just found the problem, it's with the vpn (Nord).  Once I disconnect from the VPN, I can connect on Linux to the router.  Should have tried that earlier.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Does it work on mobile devices?

Message 2 of 8
Terransky
Tutor

Yes, I can get in with the cellphone.  Not the preferred option, though, because I'm used to a much bigger desktop screen.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

I'd agree that the computer is the preferred option. I'm just making sure it isn't a router issue. 

If it works on windows and on a cell phone, its seeming to point at something with either the linux computer or the browser causing issues. 

That makes it more challenging. 

You said you tried other browsers, what other ones did you try?

Message 4 of 8
Terransky
Tutor

Yes, agree, definitely not an issue with the router.  Browsers are Brave, Firefox, Mullvad, and Midori.  At least, so far.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

might try on the linux or those specific browser forums in case they know settings in the browsers that could be changed. I got out of linux stuff a while ago so I'm not much help there

Message 6 of 8
Terransky
Tutor

I just found the problem, it's with the vpn (Nord).  Once I disconnect from the VPN, I can connect on Linux to the router.  Should have tried that earlier.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

glad you got it figured out!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements