Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 Issues and a charge for Security

Censeverina
Aspirant

C7000v2 Issues and a charge for Security

Hi Folks,

My Router this month started re-booting itself whenever I start up my PC or Smart TV and then and at random other times.  Xfinity has made two visits to confirm everything with my cable and connections are fine.  I called Netgear Tech Support and was told that I need to pay for an additional security feature to have my router work with Xfinity.  Never heard of this ever.  I got a brand new router because I thought it was an issue with my old modem (same model).  Tech support told me I have to pay for security.  They also said my security expired in November but my issue just started this month.   Can anyone confirm this?  

Here is an event log for one time today.  

Notice (6)

Honoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv6

Notice (6)

WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 153 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INIT

Notice (6)

WiFi Interface [wl0] set to Channel 11 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INIT

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;

Critical (3)

No UCDs Received - Timeout;;CM-MAC=34:98:b5:cb:9d:69;CMTS-

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;

Critical (3)

No UCDs Received - Timeout;;

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-

Critical (3)

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-

Critical (3)

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-

Critical (3)

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;

Critical (3)

Critical (3)

Critical (3)

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

1. you don't need security software. You probably got a hold of a non-netgear support site. Not uncommon. Ignore that part

2. if you have 2 modems that have the same issue, its not the modem. Your logs are still indicating a line issue. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 2 of 4
Censeverina
Aspirant

Went to an Xfinity Store today and got one of their modems and zero issues now.  The Netgear Router works 100% fine when my PC is asleep and Smart TV is not in use.  Once I go to wake up the PC or turn on the TV the modem cycles and then wipes my admin information.  I have to set up new password and security info.  it lasts for a few minutes and goes right back out.  It's doing it with my old C7000v2 Router and also my brand new one.  Silly me thought getting a new one would resolve the issue.  I'm working with tech support now but I'll update this thread if there is any resolution. Originally this was happening once or twice a day now it's persistent.  

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any Criticals, Errors or Warnings seen in the NG modems event logs needs to be reviewed by the ISP and resolve by the ISP.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7