Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C7000v2 and Xfinity Internet Issues- Have to factory reset weekly

tanderson2002us
Aspirant

C7000v2 and Xfinity Internet Issues- Have to factory reset weekly

I have a C7000v2 I purchased a few months ago from Best Buy as the box advertised that its compatible with Xfinity internet.  Being tired of renting a cable modem I made the purchase.  It worked great a month or so then started dropping the internet.  About 6 months prior to this I did have Comcast out as they were emailing me my signal was weak (or something to that effect).  The tech replaced the box in my garage and checked all my connections.  Ive had great service for 11 years now with 500mb inetrnet speeds.  Ive had no connectivity issues until I bought the Nighthawk.  Now, I have to factory reset the cable modem weekly to keep a consistent connection with the internet.  I came home last night and took pictures of the error log before and after reset.  My internet is working ok today but the upstreal light is now amber.  Given time the internet will start to drop out again, as evidenced by the TVs and phones etc freezing up when streaming videos etc etc.  What can I do to prevent this?  I never had this problem with the rented cable/modem from Xfinity.  Thank you.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

This was an xfinity issue.  Havent factory reset in a month.

Thanks for your replies!

Tom 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

Before reset picture 1

Message 2 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

Before reset picture 2

Message 3 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

Device info

Message 4 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

After reset pic 1

Message 5 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

After reset pic 2

Message 6 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

After reset pic 3

Message 7 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

Looks like I forgot spell check sorry about that !

Message 8 of 11

YOu have posted in the section for Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX).

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Cable Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure there are no cable coax line splitters in between the modem and ISP service box. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem.

Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cabling up to the modem. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

@tanderson2002us wrote:

I have a C7000v2 I purchased a few months ago from Best Buy as the box advertised that its compatible with Xfinity internet.  Being tired of renting a cable modem I made the purchase.  It worked great a month or so then started dropping the internet.  About 6 months prior to this I did have Comcast out as they were emailing me my signal was weak (or something to that effect).  The tech replaced the box in my garage and checked all my connections.  Ive had great service for 11 years now with 500mb inetrnet speeds.  Ive had no connectivity issues until I bought the Nighthawk.  Now, I have to factory reset the cable modem weekly to keep a consistent connection with the internet.  I came home last night and took pictures of the error log before and after reset.  My internet is working ok today but the upstreal light is now amber.  Given time the internet will start to drop out again, as evidenced by the TVs and phones etc freezing up when streaming videos etc etc.  What can I do to prevent this?  I never had this problem with the rented cable/modem from Xfinity.  Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
tanderson2002us
Aspirant

This was an xfinity issue.  Havent factory reset in a month.

Thanks for your replies!

Tom 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7