Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100V No internet after unplugged

djam3
Follower

C7100V No internet after unplugged

I have the C7100V Firmware Version: V2.01.40,  Xfinity service. I bought it in Feburary of 2019. I had no issues at all until yesterday. I had unplugged the modem, and plugged it in shortly after. I did not move any wire, kept it in the same spot, and did no change any settings. 

After I plugged it in, the DS/US started flashing and the online light is off. I tried resetting by disconnecting the cables and modem for 30 minutes, plugged it back in. I also did reset using the genie, and the button on the back of the modem. ( I tried turning it off method over 10 times). I don't beleive I have bad wires becasue it was working perfectly before I unplugged it. 

I also tried using different power outlets. 

Xfinity tried to provission the moden, reset it, and checked outages. I'm still having the same issue. They scheduled someone to come up. But I was wondering if there's anything else I can try. 

Model: C7100V-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: C7100V No internet after unplugged

I would start with a few things.

1. remove any splitters/connectors in between the modem and where the line comes into the house.

2. remove any extra cables from where it comes into the house. 

3. Again, direct connect the modem to where the line comes. This helps reduce the chances of it being a bad wire/connector. comcast charges you if the problem is within your house and this reduces the chance of it being within your house. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7