Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX30 No Connected Devices

SimonSaba
Guide

CAX30 No Connected Devices

I have a CAX30 with firmware 2.2.1.12. Whether I log into the router with a web browser (Chrome MacOS Ventura) or with the Nighthawk App (iOS 17) both show No Devices Connected. Also tried Safari with the same result. Not possible because the phone is connected wirelessly and the computer is connected through ethernet. I hesitate to downgrade the CAX30 firmware to 1.4.12.2 because I was getting frequent Internet connection problems with that version. Since updating to 2.2.1.12, I haven't had any drops in my connection. Does anyone have a solution for the No Devices Connected problem?

Edit: I've also restarted the router as per Netgear's troubleshooting directions.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
SimonSaba
Guide

Completed the reset and did the reconfiguration manually. I now see all my devices. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 2 of 10
SimonSaba
Guide

Thanks. I'll try that when I have time to bring the router down, back up the settings, and reset. 

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 10
SimonSaba
Guide

To be on the safe side, I'm screenshotting all of the screens where I've made changes. How reliable is the backup .cfg file? I'm thinking to manually reconfigure because if there's something that causing the problem and gets transferred to the .cfg file, I'm back where I started. 

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have some doubts to the config, then ya, setup from scratch first after the FR. However, I'd take a backup to file first off anyways for safe keeping. FR, then setup from scratch and then config for you needs then test. If all is good, save off and new back up at this point. 

Message 6 of 10
SimonSaba
Guide

Completed the reset and did the reconfiguration manually. I now see all my devices. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 10
SimonSaba
Guide

Already marked the thread. And, thanks for something else. I hadn't realized that my devices were set to randomize hardware IDs. That helped me figure out that the four devices in the Connected Devices panel that showed no information were actually iPhones and iPads. One time one of them came up as an iRobot vacuum. We don't have one but it was interesting to see one of the phones identified as the vacuum cleaner. 

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya not a big fan of the randomizer, however understand the whys. Just re-enable it if you travel. 

Enjoy. 

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7