Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX30 no 5ghz transmitting

itsnotadel
Aspirant

CAX30 no 5ghz transmitting

Hello,

I've had the CAX30 which has been a pain in the butt since I first got it. I come back from a week-long vacation, and don't see my 5ghz network. In the browser GUI, there is a red dot on the 5ghz network. I check the router itself and there is no light for 5ghz. I updated to the latest 2.2.1.12 firmware and it didn't help. What else can I do? Otherwise what have people been switching to from this device, it has been a big disappointment.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
itsnotadel
Aspirant

Re: CAX30 no 5ghz transmitting

Mods please close.

If anyone sees this. Spectrum had an outage earlier in the day for me apparently when I didn't arrive home yet. 

Final solution, update FW to latest, and then reset the device. Pain in the butt to reconfigure my port forwarding options, but that's what fixed it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
itsnotadel
Aspirant

Mods please close.

If anyone sees this. Spectrum had an outage earlier in the day for me apparently when I didn't arrive home yet. 

Final solution, update FW to latest, and then reset the device. Pain in the butt to reconfigure my port forwarding options, but that's what fixed it.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7