Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CAX80 - Any update on 5Ghz Upload issue?

CAX80 - Any update on 5Ghz Upload issue?

So reading through a lot of posts here, I finally did what was suggested and changed from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and to my utter surprise, all devices in my house that FAILED trying to upload to various sites directly or through ftp all started working. Switch back to 5Ghz, and sure enough, they started failing again.

Has Netgear published a fix for this yet?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded?

What devices are connected on 5Ghz? 

Is Smart Connect enabled or disabled? Does this happen if SC is enabled?

What channel configuration is on the modem?

Message 2 of 8

Hardware Version1.01

Firmware VersionV2.1.5.2

Cable Firmware VersionV1.02.08

Windows 11 laptops (upload issue on 5Ghz), windows 11 pro desktop (upload issue on 5Ghz), MAC desktop  (upload issue on 5Ghz), galaxy s23 ultras  (upload issues on 5Ghz).

Smart connect is NOT enabled

2.4 - Channel select is auto, current is 4

5Ghz - Channel is set to 36

When i selected smart connect, it says it's going to overwrite my settings with the 2.4G settings - why would i want to change from up to 4800Mbps down to 1200Mbps? That makes no sense - I would have just bought a cheaper modem.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

@GuidonCreative wrote:
Hardware Version 1.01

Firmware Version V2.1.5.2

Cable Firmware Version V1.02.08

Windows 11 laptops (upload issue on 5Ghz), windows 11 pro desktop (upload issue on 5Ghz), MAC desktop  (upload issue on 5Ghz), galaxy s23 ultras  (upload issues on 5Ghz).

Lets try it enabled 

Lets try channel 1, 6 or 11, not channel 4. 

When i selected smart connect, it says it's going to overwrite my settings with the 2.4G settings - why would i want to change from up to 4800Mbps down to 1200Mbps? That makes no sense - I would have just bought a cheaper modem.

You mis understand that. 2.4Ghz max connection rate for any wifi device connecting to it is 1200Mpbs.

5Ghz, you can have any devices that support it, connect at 4800Mpbs. Smart Connect just puts both frequencies into on SSID named broadcast is all. Smart connect enabled or disabled. 

https://www.netgear.com/images//datasheet/networking/CableModems/CAX80.pdf

Also what are the configuration settings under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Advanced Wireless? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since FW was updated? 

Message 4 of 8

Lets try it enabled - didn't fix it for others when they tried it looks like - i appreciate the suggestion but i don't want to duplicate what hasn't worked elsewhere in these threads.

Lets try channel 1, 6 or 11, not channel 4. - 2.4Ghz works perfectly fine - no need to change that channel It's the only frequency it will upload properly on. It's the 5Ghz freq that is the problem.

You mis understand that. 2.4Ghz max connection rate for any wifi device connecting to it is 1200Mpbs.

5Ghz, you can have any devices that support it, connect at 4800Mpbs. Smart Connect just puts both frequencies into on SSID named broadcast is all. Smart connect enabled or disabled. OK

https://www.netgear.com/images//datasheet/networking/CableModems/CAX80.pdf

Also what are the configuration settings under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Advanced Wireless? 

Wireless Advanced Settings (2.4GHz b/g/n/ax)
Fragmentation Length (256-2346):
CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347):
Preamble Mode

Long Preamble
The wireless signal is scheduled to turn off during the following time period:
Period Start End Recurrence Pattern
Add a new period Edit Delete

Wireless Advanced Settings (5GHz a/n/ac/ax)
Fragmentation Length (256-2346):
CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347):
Preamble Mode

Long Preamble
Period Start End Recurrence Pattern
Add a new period Edit Delete

WPS Settings
Router's PIN:

GuidonCreative_1-1705276763902.png

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since FW was updated? Everything else works on the device. Not factory resetting when i can just fix NetGears issue by changing to 2.4Ghz when i need to upload, that way I don't have to mess with anything else on my network. I have too many static IP's and configs for specific devices on my network to go through that process unless the router burns to the ground and forces me to.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support then. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8

Thanks - I do appreciate the effort for sure!

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Hopefully they have a beta that should fix it. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series