Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM 500 Modem connection drops

jbaugh
Aspirant

CM 500 Modem connection drops

Several times a week I have to reboot my Netgear CM 500 modem to re-establish my download and upload speeds.  Download speed drops to less than 1Mbps when I am rated for 30Mbps.  Often I havce to reboot 2-3 times before I get a good connection.  The modem logs (attached) show numerous warnings and other messages.  The Cable Connection page (attached) shows many thousands of "Correctables".  I know this is not a problem with the modem because I have switched this modem out with another CM 500 and both give the same results.  Comcast absolutely insists that the problem is inside of my house.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

John

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
jbaugh
Aspirant

Here's the "Cable Connection" screenshot demonstrating the many "Correctables".

John

Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you getting T3 and T4 timeouts in your event logs?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
jbaugh
Aspirant

Yes, I am getting very frequent T3 timeouts.  No T4 timeouts.  The T3 timeouts occur as often as every 3 minutes but usually every 6-18 minutes.

John

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yea something is wrong with the connection from comcast it could be out in your neighborhood or even wiring in your home you will have to get comcast to send a tech out to investigate the lines.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
jbaugh
Aspirant

This has been going on for at least 6 or 7 months. The comast tech came out. He refused to look at the modem logs. I showed him the results of line testing and smoke pings on dslreports.com that documented the repeated loss of packets and extremely high ping times (400+ msec). “It’s not a problem with Comcast. Everything checks out fine. It is your problem”. This despite the fact that I’ve switched out my modem and my router with the same results.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7