Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM100 v2 frequently off-line

denovo
Aspirant

CM100 v2 frequently off-line

We have been losing our internet connection several times/day for several weeks now. A tech came out and fiddled with the box on the outside of the house, saying the last tech who worked on it did strange things (they always seem to say that). It seemed better for a day or less. Now it's back to frequent drops and lots of errors in the log. Here's a pdf (is this an OK format here?) and I'll also post the latest error log...

Message 1 of 8
denovo
Aspirant

...And here's that error log.

Message 2 of 8
denovo
Aspirant

Oops- this is a CM1000 v2, of course; and it's on Comcast with a 120 mbps service. When it works, it comes close to that speed.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya you got some critical errors that the ISP needs to look into I believe.

https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 4 of 8
denovo
Aspirant

I believe that's what I posted as a pdf attachment to the first post in this thread, but I'll try doing it as screen shots and see if that works better... well, out of order, but visible. Are those upstream power levels the likely culprit? And if so, is it fixable from my end??

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.33.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.32.17 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.32.40 PM.jpg

Message 5 of 8
denovo
Aspirant

Well, it looked fine before I clicked to post! WTF? Wish I knew how to use this site properly... my apologies! Isnt a .jpg and acceptable photo? I'll try again with .png files.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.32.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.32.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.33.22 PM.png 

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

No your fine, any inline pictures have to be approved by a forum moderator is all. You can always attach picture files using the Choose File button on the forum post at the bottom of the text box. 

Message 7 of 8
denovo
Aspirant

So... Anything showing that tells me what I should be doing to improve stability? Aren't those power levels in the locked upstream bonded channels too high? Range is 50.5 to 52.8 dBmV. Before the last service call I'd get a lot of uncorrectable errors in most downstream channels, but now that seems limited to channel 14. The error log is in a pdf attached to the second post above.

I've powered the modem down multiple times, there are no splitters between the service box and the tap into the house, and the modem is right there. The cable to the modem is the one provided by Comcast, which is, I suppose, no guarantee of quality. As I've mentioned above, the Comcast techs always feel they've done everything by the book but whoever was working before them did it wrong, and they have absolutely nointerest in the error log generated by the modem.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7