Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1100 Rebooting

Oswulf
Aspirant

CM1100 Rebooting

So my modem has rebooted three times in the last 45 minutes.  I have attached the log...and the current signals

This was happening a couple weeks ago and Comcast just kept saying everything was ok on their side...then it stabilized now its back.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 9
Oswulf
Aspirant

Message 2 of 9
Oswulf
Aspirant

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Try a factory rest on the CM modem.

Be sure to disable LAG on the modem as well, 

Message 4 of 9
Oswulf
Aspirant

Did you look at my attachments?  The SNR levels appear to be good, although I dont know what the log entries mean.

Message 5 of 9
Oswulf
Aspirant

Still having reboot issues.  Today was really bad as it recycled over and over for about 25 minutes.  Finally settled down and then two more times tonight.  Comcast no help, keeps saying "Reset Modem", "Power Cycle Modem" (Which is exactly the problem I am having!).  Of course when I finally got them, it had settled down and I get "Everything looks good on our end".  They are the only providor here so I cant threaten to leave 😞

Very frustrating.  Modem is maybe 14 months old (Costco).  So tempted to go get a different one.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Well ISPs will say anything or blame the HW when its there issue. Try a different modem then see what happens. if you still have problems, you'll need to get a tech on site and have them take a closer look. 

Message 7 of 9
Oswulf
Aspirant

So, if you were buying another Modem today, what would you get?  Currently I have CM1100.  Only 300Mbps service today but probably going 1GBp.  Seems there are basically three choices:

Arris 8200

Motorola 8600

Netgear CM1200

(I have Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 so just modem then)

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try any one of them. You may have a faulty CM modem which needs to be either replaced or looked at by NG. 

IF the others work for you then you'll know. If they exhibit the same problem, then something on the ISP line needs to be looked at. 

I can tell you that my CM1100 worked for a long while before putting a different modem online. It's a solid modem. I enjoy the two network ability of it. I belive the CM1200 does the same thing. Try something else to see if the problem continues or not. Then you'll know what direction to go towards. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7