Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 Modem Loosing Internet Connection

David_Rivera
Follower

CM1200 Modem Loosing Internet Connection

I have an issue where I am being kicked off the internet periodically. I'd say it started towards the end of 2020. It started off minimal, now it is causing a lot of issues with me working from home. 

My modem lights started to flicker (especially the upstream, ocassionaly the downstream lights). When that happened I lost connection to the internet, and it usually took 5-10 min to come back on. This happened a lot. 

I moved my modem and router away from the tv and other elecxtronics to eliminate any disruptances it may cause. Did not seem to help much. I also connected my modem straight to the box line (away from the cable connected to my tv box, with a splitter sending to my modem), but no help there either. 

I talked with Netgear support and they where able to send me a replacement. Right away, I noticed a difference as I got 930MBS down and about 40MBS up (I am paying for 1G service from Xfinity). I used to max out at 700mbs down and 14mbs up with the other modem, so I thought it was the modem. But before I knew, the issue continued. The upstream lights continued to flicker. 

I had an xfinity Tech come and take a look, and I don't know what he did but he did not help my issue. I am still having connectivity issues, and the upstream light still blinks and I loose signal. 

What can I do to fix this?? This is becoming a huge inconvenience and a disruptance to my work as I constantly drop out of calls and etc. It has gotten to the point where I have to connect to my mobile hotspot to get reliable internet....which is absurd!

I will be attaching error logs that I have in my modem. I don't know what they mean, but would appreciate if anyone could tell me what it means so I can tell my ISP what to look for when they come back or take a look on their end. 

logs screenshot

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!  

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 Modem Loosing Internet Connection

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

What brand and model Wifi router do you have connected to the modem? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7