Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2050V cable modem customers with Comcast/Xfinity may not achieve the full upstream speeds

Jamesspeed
Follower

CM2050V cable modem customers with Comcast/Xfinity may not achieve the full upstream speeds

I am a comcast/Xfinity customer  in San Jose, CA.  I am looking to upgrade my current Arris modem to the CM2050V, however after reading the threads related to the subject line I want to make sure the problems have been fixed.  Has new firmware been released and used by xfinity to solve the problem?  I do not want to spend this much money to find it needs to be throttled to avoid drops.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2050V cable modem customers with Comcast/Xfinity may not achieve the full upstream speeds

it has not. Do you need the voice capability? 

Here's the current list but none of voice

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.04.03%20Full%20Li...

Message 2 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: CM2050V cable modem customers with Comcast/Xfinity may not achieve the full upstream speeds

@Jamesspeed wrote:

I am a comcast/Xfinity customer  in San Jose, CA.  I am looking to upgrade my current Arris modem to the CM2050V, however after reading the threads related to the subject line I want to make sure the problems have been fixed.  Has new firmware been released and used by xfinity to solve the problem?  I do not want to spend this much money to find it needs to be throttled to avoid drops.

More than 120 days ago Netgear acknowledged they had action to fix the problems with the firmware and it was being given their highest priority.  Since then, not one bit of information has come from Netgear on the subject.

The only thing that has happened, is many posts on the subject have mysteriously disappeared from this forum.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Gateways/CM2050V-cable-modem-firmware-update/td-p/2378...

If you really need the voice feature, the best short term option is to lease a gateway from Xfinity.  Based on past Netgear history, the length of time for short term could run indefinitely.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series