Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM400 Modem not working with Grande Communications

mangosandwch
Aspirant

CM400 Modem not working with Grande Communications

Hi all,

I've had a CM400 Netgear modem for a few years and have been using it with Spectrum ISP with no issue. Recently I moved and now have to have Grande Communications as my ISP. I've tried many times working with their customer support to get the modem working with their network but it seems to get stuck in some provisioning step. I've tried rebooting, factory resetting, waiting a month in between attempts, and changing the starting frequency but nothing has worked. I'm looking for some ideas on what to do next to troubleshoot. I have confirmed that the modem is compatible with Grande and that they have the right MAC address so it should work in theory but at this point I feel like it's a firmware or so other deeper issue that I need more expertise to work through.

Modem screenshots 

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5
mangosandwch
Aspirant

Re: CM400 Modem not working with Grande Communications

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Message 3 of 5
mangosandwch
Aspirant

Thanks for a quick reply!  I should have also added that in the meantime I have been using a Grande provided modem for internet access.  I am using the exact same coax cable and coax port on the wall when I try to change to my CM400 modem.  This is why I don't suspect it is an issue with the line up to the modem.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if it worked at the prior ISP, and it doesn't with the new one, anything is possible. It would be up to the ISP to get the modem working and they can tell if it's not. Possible might not be compatible on there system as well. You should have to put the modem on a different ISP service or get it back on the prior one to see if the modem is still good and working. If you had a friend or family member that you could ship the modem to try out. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7