Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 Can't Get it Connected to Optimum online ip provisioning

ezjose1
Aspirant

CM600 Can't Get it Connected to Optimum online ip provisioning

I'm trying to activate a CM600 cable modem with optimum online and they're having an issue that the modem comes in and out of the network and they can't activate it. After doing some research I am thinking that it is stuck in IPv6 mode the modem currently has installed firmware V1.01.14 is there any way to get the firmware updated to V1.0.1.16 without connecting it to a service provider that has that firmware and then network is IPv6 enabled. I believe my issue is because optimum online is IPV4 and I am getting an error I believe. The modem does seem to connect to the network but then drops in and out with error messages within the logs.

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM600 Can't Get it Connected to Optimum online ip provisioning

Hi ezjose1, 

Please visit the link on how to activate cable internet service. 

You need to contact your internet service provider to activate the new modem. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/CM600/CM600_All_MSOs_QSG_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 6
ezjose1
Aspirant

I tried several times to contact my service provider they said the modem tells them it's a Netgear but does not send them a signal I'm assuming because it's an IPv6 only mode, am I wrong? Could there be something wrong with the modem?

Message 3 of 6
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

The cable modem support both IPv4 and IPv6. 

https://kb.netgear.com/24938/How-do-I-connect-my-NETGEAR-Cable-Modem-Router

Message 4 of 6
ezjose1
Aspirant

I understand that but in its set up this says IP provision IPv6 only and my cable company says that they see the modem but cannot connect to it, they know it's the Netgear but they're not getting any additional information to be able to connect to the modem.

Message 5 of 6
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi ezjose1, 

Based on screenshot attachment, the ISP is blocking the device. You need to check with Optimum  which modem registered on their end for your account. If you have an existing modem, ask them to unregister the MAC address and activate the new modem. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7