Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 modem low download speed

jslickmurphy
Follower

CM700 modem low download speed

Our ISP is claiming that our house is receiving the full 600 mbps speed, so they say it has to be our modem or router slowing things down.  Our speed test show only 140 mbps on the 5.0 and 40 mbps on the 2.4  The modem says it can get up to 1.4 Gbps.  Is there anything I can do in order to get the right speeds to my devices?

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM700 modem low download speed

The CM modem doesn't have a built in router or wifi.

What are your wired speecs with a PC or laptop connected to the CM modem and not thru a router?

The CM modem is well capable of doing near 900Mpbs on wired speeds.

Refer to the wifi routers mfr support site for help and information regarding there wifi router. 

Not all wifi devices will speed test out at anything over 400-500Mbps. Check with your wifi device mfr support site for help and information regarding there speed support. 

@jslickmurphy wrote:

Our ISP is claiming that our house is receiving the full 600 mbps speed, so they say it has to be our modem or router slowing things down.  Our speed test show only 140 mbps on the 5.0 and 40 mbps on the 2.4  The modem says it can get up to 1.4 Gbps.  Is there anything I can do in order to get the right speeds to my devices?

Message 2 of 4
curtnorval
Aspirant

Try changing the modem. Or contact your service provider to upgrade the service pack

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@jslickmurphy wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series