Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

slow cm1150v

gmort1977
Aspirant

slow cm1150v

I bought this CM1150V a little over 3 weeks ago.  With my download speeds being hardwired to the modem at 95 mbps. After about a day my download speeds drop off to 36 mbps for no apparent reason?  If I reboot the modem the speeds go back to 95 mbps for one day then drop off a stay at 36 mbps?  Any ideas why this is happening. I don't want to restart my modem everyday.  

Did I make a mistake in buying this one?

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: slow cm1150v

Are you testing with with a direct wired PC or is there a wifi router in between? If so, need to confirm same thing happens with out a wifi router in between. 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Message 2 of 7
gmort1977
Aspirant

The speed is the same, if I am wired direct to the modem or wired direct from the modem to the PC. I did not turn off the modem for a minute. Xfinity did test my coax cable and the speed was good. I have 1Gb coming in on the line before the modem. Then they checked it from the modem and was getting 600 Mb - 700 Mb/sec. I paying for 600 Mb/sec service. I have an old network card in my computer a 10/100 I just bought a new 10/100/1000 and put that in. I will be testing it tomorrow. I will send you feedback tomorrow. My router is Orbi Pro with on satellite.

8/01/2020  

I unpluged my modem last night for one minute.  Then pluged it back in.  In the morning being wired to the modem I was getting 600 to 700 Mbps  download.  I then had the modem direct wired to the router (Orbi Pro) and the speed was the same.  All morning.  I came back at after 1 PM and the speeds dropped to 117 Mbps.  The next time it was 42 Mbps.  Upload stays the same around 16 - 17 Mbps.  Any ideas I could check to see why my speeds drop off?

Message 3 of 7
gmort1977
Aspirant

Speed drop off?

I have Xfinity cable 600/15.  I reset my modem last night and when I logged on this morning I was getting 500 to 700 Mps downloads. Wired direct to the modem.  I got 16-18 Mbps uploads.  I then wired my modem to my Router and wire my router to my computer.  I checked my speeds once again and had the same results.  The speeds were good all morning.  After lunch they dropped down to 40 to 50 Mbps????  Why does it do this?  It does not go back up unless I restart my modem, something that nobody whats to do all the time. Can you make any suggestions as to where to look.  Xfinity was at my house and the lines are all good and the speed to and from the modem are very good as well. Please help!!!

@gmort1977 wrote:

The speed is the same, if I am wired direct to the modem or wired direct from the modem to the PC. I did not turn off the modem for a minute. Xfinity did test my coax cable and the speed was good. I have 1Gb coming in on the line before the modem. Then they checked it from the modem and was getting 600 Mb - 700 Mb/sec. I paying for 600 Mb/sec service. I have an old network card in my computer a 10/100 I just bought a new 10/100/1000 and put that in. I will be testing it tomorrow. I will send you feedback tomorrow. My router is Orbi Pro with on satellite.

8/01/2020  

I unpluged my modem last night for one minute.  Then pluged it back in.  In the morning being wired to the modem I was getting 600 to 700 Mbps  download.  I then had the modem direct wired to the router (Orbi Pro) and the speed was the same.  All morning.  I came back at after 1 PM and the speeds dropped to 117 Mbps.  The next time it was 42 Mbps.  Upload stays the same around 16 - 17 Mbps.  Any ideas I could check to see why my speeds drop off?

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice, SRK60B06|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a different PC to test with to compare? 

Might try a different modem as well to see if the speed comes up to near 900Mpbs. 

Message 5 of 7
gmort1977
Aspirant

Yes I tried a new laptop I just purchased and it got the same speeds that my desktop got.  So it is not the computers.  I don't have another high speed Modem to try?  Unless Netgear would send me one to see if it is the Modem or something else???

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

FInd someting with a good refund policy on Amazon. Can be same model or maybe an Arric SB8200 or Motorola MB8600 to see if the problem follows. If it doesn't then you can point to the CM modem being the problem. 

You mnight try having the ISP re-send the config file to the modem as well to make sure it's setup on there end. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7