Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM700 suddenly has slow internet connection speeds

976Monkey
Aspirant

CM700 suddenly has slow internet connection speeds

My internet connection is running very slow, to a stand still. I’m using the apple airport extream for a router which is working fine, but the modem seems to be giving issues. Checked the firmwear and it’s the latest recommended, but speeds are as slow as 2.4mbps on multiple speed tests. I had Comcast come round and the wiring all checks out, after a reset the modem was working again but the speeds go from 180mbps on the WiFi back to 2.4ish. Any ideas or do I need to change my modem?
Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 1 of 6
976Monkey
Aspirant

Message 2 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to post the modem logs and the power levels?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

your RF line is noisy. If you see your downstream, you have tons of uncorrectables. Over 200,000 on some channels. This will impact performance and it needs to be fixed.

In home wiring: Either you have bad cable, bad connector or bad splitter in your home.

Outside wiring:Get your ISP to check the noise and replace the cables if necessary

Message 4 of 6
976Monkey
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestions, but your not correct. I had Comcast out and they checked all the wires and re-ran the internal wire, changed connection points and checked the remaining wires. Modem started running normal for about a minute then same thing. I ended up buying another modem and the issue went away, now all is running correct, not really happy that my Netgear didn’t last that long (little over a year). Time to look at other options maybe.
Message 5 of 6
976Monkey
Aspirant

Already posted
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements