Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cm1100 not working with netgear routers

Rstrauss
Aspirant

Cm1100 not working with netgear routers

Just got the cm1100 modem activated by optimum direct connect computer is fine, but it won’t work with either router. Can someone advise?
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure the external routers WAN port is connected to the CM1100 #1 WAN port. Power OFF the modem and router for 30 seconds, then power the modem on first then the router.

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable. CAT6 is recommended.

Be sure to visit the NH router forum for your model router for help and information regarding the router.

Message 2 of 4
Rstrauss
Aspirant

Thank you-I was using all same set up as previous just using the new modem (to get away from the optimum modem. I was trying to avoid a router reset with all of the connected devices...but the only way to get the router to recognize the modem was so do a reset on the router and follow the nighthawk app reset. Now all is fine.
I have the xr500 but wasn’t really happy with it so went back to the r8500.
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1, R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

To get the XR router to work right, you have to power cycle the XR router off for 30 seconds then back ON after the CM modem is already online. XR routers or kind of odd this way. I have the X450 and to get it to connect right, it has to be power cycled after being connected to the modem. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7