Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1200 won't connect with my NH app?

Denverrose3
Follower

Cm1200 won't connect with my NH app?

So i am trying to check for a firmware update- cause its been a bit since it did one. We moved and got a new provider- app stopped working. Just had to RESET my admin passwords and such again. Did a reset, no change. Keeps saying my box can't be reached. I've tried it from the computer side as well to see if I could 'force' an update there was none to be had for it. I'm out of ideas on what's wrong. I've even uninstalled the app and cleared the cashe. 

DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem (CM1200) #Cm1200 Netgear(Cable modem) nighthawk set with smart wifi router. got it back in 2021.

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: Cm1200 won't connect with my NH app?

What is an "NH app"? Nighhawk app?

The CM1200 is a pure modem and has no wifi. Which router do you use with it?

AFAIK, the Nighthawk app does not support modems.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

The cm1200 is a modem-only device as @microchip8 says, 

There isn't anything to update as they're pushed automatically by the ISP. Nothing the user can do. 

The app also won't connect because is a modem-only device. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you contact your ISP to help and information on getting the modem connected to there services. They have to be the ones to get it working on there network. 

@Denverrose3 wrote:
So i am trying to check for a firmware update- cause its been a bit since it did ...

DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem (CM1200) #Cm1200 Netgear(Cable modem) nighthawk set with smart wifi router. ...

@Denverrose3
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7