Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Constant Internet Dropping - Frustrated!!!

RileyDub
Follower

Constant Internet Dropping - Frustrated!!!

Facing the same issue as many others, but I'm having to constant reboot my modem to regain internet connectivity which has been happening for about the past 5-6 months.  Read through many of the support threads, but not sure if anyone has ever provided a resolution to the problem.  Here's my set up: have a Netgear CM1000 cable modem and recently switched from the Netgear R7000 assuming it was a hardware failure to the Asus RT-AX88U WiFi 6 ready router.  I'm obtaining speeds of 300m down and around ~35m upload, but the router will lose connectivity daily around 2-3 times which is frustrating when trying to stream or use basic internet functions.  The only way to restore the connection is to reboot the modem in which it works for no set number of hours and will drop once again, thus having to reboot the system yet again.  I've reset the modem to factory specs and installed the latest firmware, but still at a loss.  About to move to the Arris SB8200, but I've been reading similar issues by others when reading reviews.  Is a DOCSIS 3.1 ready modem with a WiFi 6 ready router not able to hold a stable internet connection?  What am I missing here?  No guest network is running and QoS is set to adaptive with automatic settings based on typical home network usage.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 3

Re: Constant Internet Dropping - Frustrated!!!

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Constant Internet Dropping - Frustrated!!!

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem.

Ive had my CM1100 connected to a Orbi AC And Orbi AX wifi systems. No issues here. Make sure the ISP servcies are good up to the modem first. 

@RileyDub wrote:

Facing the same issue as many others, but I'm having to constant reboot my modem to regain internet connectivity which has been happening for about the past 5-6 months.  Read through many of the support threads, but not sure if anyone has ever provided a resolution to the problem.  Here's my set up: have a Netgear CM1000 cable modem and recently switched from the Netgear R7000 assuming it was a hardware failure to the Asus RT-AX88U WiFi 6 ready router.  I'm obtaining speeds of 300m down and around ~35m upload, but the router will lose connectivity daily around 2-3 times which is frustrating when trying to stream or use basic internet functions.  The only way to restore the connection is to reboot the modem in which it works for no set number of hours and will drop once again, thus having to reboot the system yet again.  I've reset the modem to factory specs and installed the latest firmware, but still at a loss.  About to move to the Arris SB8200, but I've been reading similar issues by others when reading reviews.  Is a DOCSIS 3.1 ready modem with a WiFi 6 ready router not able to hold a stable internet connection?  What am I missing here?  No guest network is running and QoS is set to adaptive with automatic settings based on typical home network usage.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7