Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disable 5G on C7000v2

2muchcat
Aspirant

Disable 5G on C7000v2

is it possible to completely turn off the 5G (or to disable the 5G AP) on a netgear C7000v2? seems like I've looked everywhere in the firmware and can only find the place to disable 5G SSID broadcast. ps it was easy to disable 5G for the guest network, but I don't see the same option for the primary 5G network. thanks!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
2muchcat
Aspirant

thanks for the response, but I don't see smart connect anywhere in the firmware. the option to turn off the 5G guest network is right there in the settings. I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the primary 5G network. that just seems crazy to me. thanks again for trying to help, though!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling Smart connect first. 
Then look under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 6
2muchcat
Aspirant

thanks for the response, but I don't see smart connect anywhere in the firmware. the option to turn off the 5G guest network is right there in the settings. I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the primary 5G network. that just seems crazy to me. thanks again for trying to help, though!

Message 3 of 6
Kitsap
Master

@2muchcat wrote:

is it possible to completely turn off the 5G (or to disable the 5G AP) on a netgear C7000v2? seems like I've looked everywhere in the firmware and can only find the place to disable 5G SSID broadcast. ps it was easy to disable 5G for the guest network, but I don't see the same option for the primary 5G network. thanks!

I do not think your C7000v2 has smart connect.  Go to the Advanced Tab -> Advanced Setup -> Wireless Settings.  There are check boxes to enable/disable either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless bands.  The attached screen snip is from page 79 of the manual.  You can get your own copy by clicking on the Downloads section at the top of this page, feeding in your model number (C7000v2).  The User Manual is a PDF download.

Message 4 of 6
2muchcat
Aspirant

thanks! the edit button for 5G was grayed out so I thought I couldn't change anything there. went back and tried unchecking Enable Wireless Gateway Radio (and BFR/BFE) box, and using the apply button at the top instead of edit. seems to have worked! hopefully it's actually off, now. still wonder why they didn't just have an Enable box in the regular settings, as they do with the guest networks. thanks, again!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7