Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Double Nat Error with C7000v2

mrbs9271
Aspirant

Double Nat Error with C7000v2

I am getting a double NAT error and strict on the xbox one, what can i do to fix this, i have tried multiple sites, however, we have the cable modem/router version, not just router version, so most fixes i found wont work.   I just bought the modem router to use here at the campground we have an annual site at since they sell us cheep netgear modems, we wanted something higher end with parental controls, hoping not to have the need for a modem and router due to space, but looks like i might have to if i can not get this fixed.  Please help with what i can do??

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

I'm thinking something is being missed or setup funky. The C7000 is a combo device as you've said. If thats all you've got hooked up and it goes directly to the ISP, it shouldn't give you a double nat situation. here's some info that can help us.

I know you said its a C7000v2, are you sure its a c7000v2?

What firmware is it running? 

Do you have any other networking devices hooked up before/or after the C7000?

How does the campgroud deliver internet? You say they sell you a modem but do you have individual hookup to your ISP or do you pay the campground? I'm just curious if its something on their end causing this?   

Message 2 of 8
mrbs9271
Aspirant

ok, so looking at the box it says Nighthawk AC1900 wifi cable modem router, on the barcode sticker it says c7000-100NAS.  I got the V2 part from the modem login page, so i dont know anything other than that.   As far as hookup, there is a RG6 cable at each campsite, all i do is hook my RG6 up to that and it goes straight to my modem.   I pay directly to the Fastwave service provider, they are a company that provides service to some campgrounds.   Everything else is working great except the Xbox one, giving the Double Nat error and Nat type strict, i called their tech support only to be told they would have to research it more..lol   i guess they are used to older people and simple issues not gamers trying to hook all their devices up..lol  There are no other network devices in the trailer other than cell and tablets and mobile hotspots on their own wifi service with Verizon

Model: C7000-1AZNAS|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Who is your ISP? 

Is the C7000 working in router mode and connected to the ISP services via it's RG6 cable? 

How is the xbox connected to the modem? Wireless or wired? 

Is Instant ON enabled on the xbox. Disable this. 

Another way to check to see if the xbox gets OPEN NAT would be to configure the C7000 for modem only mode. Directly connect the xbox to the modem only and see what status the xbox gets, if still moderate or strict, possible there mabye a NAT routing upstream from where your at. Having multiple NATs can cause problems. 

@mrbs9271 wrote:

I am getting a double NAT error and strict on the xbox one, what can i do to fix this, i have tried multiple sites, however, we have the cable modem/router version, not just router version, so most fixes i found wont work.   I just bought the modem router to use here at the campground we have an annual site at since they sell us cheep netgear modems, we wanted something higher end with parental controls, hoping not to have the need for a modem and router due to space, but looks like i might have to if i can not get this fixed.  Please help with what i can do??

Message 4 of 8
mrbs9271
Aspirant

i replied with all this info above your message

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

How is the xbox connected to the modem? Wireless or wired? 

Is Instant ON enabled on the xbox. Disable this. 

Another way to check to see if the xbox gets OPEN NAT would be to configure the C7000 for modem only mode. Directly connect the xbox to the modem only and see what status the xbox gets, if still moderate or strict, possible there mabye a NAT routing upstream from where your at. Having multiple NATs can cause problems. 

Message 6 of 8
mrbs9271
Aspirant

I have tried both wired and wireless. Problem is if I make it modem only, we won't be able to use the Wi-Fi, I would then have to buy a separate router which is the whole reason I bought the combo
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

The reason for switching it over to modem only mode is if you have it in that mode and you connect the xbox and then still have the nat problem. Its either the xbox settings or your provider. 

Once you've ascertained that, you can switch back to regular router mode. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7