Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Downstream low Nighthawk CAX80

Anayancydt
Follower

Downstream low Nighthawk CAX80

Our new modem was supposed to be better then our last but it still has moments where the internet just shuts down. I did notice our downstream is low. Also I must note I did put an amplifier on the cable line in order to increase signal.
Message 1 of 3

Re: Downstream low Nighthawk CAX80

@Anayancydt wrote:
Our new modem was supposed to be better then our last but it still has moments where the internet just shuts down.

What do you experience when this happens? Dead wifi? Lost wired connections?

What do the LEDs on the thing indicate?

@Anayancydt wrote:
I did notice our downstream is low. Also I must note I did put an amplifier on the cable line in order to increase signal.

Your downstream what is low?

If you have problems on your line, you should take that up with the ISP.

It is not a good idea to try to fix the ISP's problems by adding an amplifier, or anything else, to the network. You should get a good connection with nothing between the modem/router and the socket in the wall.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Downstream low Nighthawk CAX80

You didn't get much info off there (screen snip the whole thing) but if you're running an amplifier, remove it. You're power level on the downstream is at 18dbi. Way Way to high. 

Take that off and then connect it back up and get a screen snip of the whole cable connections page (upstream/downstream and values) and the event logs and post them back here. Clear out the logs and use it for a bit and then get those. Otherwise its going to have the data from when you were using the amplifier. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7