Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Dynamic QoS with 2 routers?

dayofsunshine
Aspirant

Dynamic QoS with 2 routers?

Hi - I have a C6300 (combo modem and router) which has been delivering excellent speeds via Infinity Comast (though it does drop internet frequently). But I need to set up dynamic QoS to improve call quality for a VoIP service. However, the C6300 doesn't support QoS. I would change routers, but for some strange reason I'm not able to use a separate modem and router (I have an unused Nighthawk that does support QoS) combination. My internet just won't work with a modem + router, and Comcast was incredibly unhelpful when I tried to solve the issue.

Is there any chance of QoS working if I added the Nighthawk to the C6300, configured it for QoS, and attached my VoIP phone directly to the Nighthawk? Or would the connection quality be based on the C6300's settings?

Thanks for any help!!!

Message 1 of 3
netwrks
Master

If you can log into the C6300 and edit it, you should be able to turn off router mode (this will turn it into a modem only) on the C6300 (that's if your ISP hasn't greyed out the feature to prevent you from changing the mode). If you can, then you can use your R7000, in router mode.

Manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/C6300/C6300_UM_17Nov2015.pdf  - Starting at Page 71.  If you can't change it, see if your ISP will do it for you.

Message 2 of 3
dayofsunshine
Aspirant

Ahhh - just brilliant! I will try this - thank you so much 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7