Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Galaxy S6, Verizon Unlimited Data, and Netgear D6400 OR N900 Wireless Dual Band

diannel
Aspirant

Galaxy S6, Verizon Unlimited Data, and Netgear D6400 OR N900 Wireless Dual Band

I'm not very experienced with routers.  I set up using the simple steps provided.  Now I find myself in a quandry.  I want to set up my router with my Samsung Galaxy S6.  I'd like to be able to use Netflix with my phone and router.  The Data is unlimited and I'm told I have streaming with this phone and package from Verizon.  I don't have a clue how to reconfigure the N900 which was previously used with Century Link's modem.  I thethered it with USB.  I'd like to use the N900 wirelessly to receive from my phone (and/or computer) so that I can have the luxury of Netflix and possibly Amazon Prime Videos.   I live rurally and other systems, including DSL are just impossible as the DSL goes down frequently.  The Verizon Hotspot works GREAT for me.  I also travel quite a bit and the Verizon Hotspot keep me connected to the internet.   Is there ANY way this can work?  IF not, is there a router that could work for me.  I also have a D6400 but isn't that only for use with CenturyLink's DSL?    What can I do to make this work.  And if there is a fix, can you spell it out in lay terms so that I understand?

Message 1 of 2
diannel
Aspirant

Re: Galaxy S6, Verizon Unlimited Data, and Netgear D6400 OR N900 Wireless Dual Band

Nevermind, I figured out how to connect my hotspot to my computer and the wifi connected to the tv and there is no longer a need for a router.  One more device I don't need and can be donated to the Salvation Army.  Thanks for al the help.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7