Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Highest Internet Gig Speed not fast - C6300v2

scottrobot
Aspirant

Highest Internet Gig Speed not fast - C6300v2

I just upgraded to highest speed w/ Xfinity, yet nothing has changed with the speed. Their customer service tried a few things on their end w/out success. 

I'm thinking there's something missing that I may need, whether some sort of gig port (I thought I read something about a port), or anything else from Netgear or elsewhere. 

I'm using Wi-fi with the modem/router. Thx in advance if anyone may know. 

Scott

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be of this model modem be of age, you'll not see near 900Mpbs over wifi with this modem. Ethernet you may with a ethernet connected PC. 

If you want near 900Mpbs speeds over wifi, you'll need a different wifi router system. 

Message 2 of 6
scottrobot
Aspirant

First, thanks for your response. I appreciate it! 

You'll have to excuse my rookie questions that you might've already answered. I'm wanting to make for certain that I get exactly what I need. 

So, is there any way you can let me know (apologies if repeating) the what/where again, or if Netgear has what I need if it's easy for you to copy/paste the product I need to get? 

Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 6
scottrobot
Aspirant

Thanks for your response!

Oh man, I just turned a year older the other day and showing my age by having such an outdated item lol. 

Would you recommend a Netgear or other product, and would there be an ideal modem/router that would be best to buy? Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 6
scottrobot
Aspirant

Thanks! That's funny, I just ordered the new reg and received confirmation lol. 

Ah yes, overlooked it and appreciate the reminder. I will research in more detail and looks like what I'll need could be found there. Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

@scottrobot wrote:

Thanks for your response!

Oh man, I just turned a year older the other day and showing my age by having such an outdated item lol. 

Would you recommend a Netgear or other product, and would there be an ideal modem/router that would be best to buy? Thanks again. 

Xfinity's highest throughput, up and down, varies from location to location and market to market.  Indicating you signed up for "the highest" indicates nothing.

The first thing you want to do is look at the Xfinity list of approved and recommended hardware.

Here is the link:  https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2024.06.26%20Full%20Li...

It is a dynamic list and gets revised every couple of months or so.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series