Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login Page for CM1000v2 just refreshes when I try to login

Lestdog
Aspirant

Login Page for CM1000v2 just refreshes when I try to login

When I go to http://192.168.100.1. and try and login, nothing happens but a page refresh. I did a factory rest and tried "admin" & "password" and again. The page just resets the login form. 

Any idea's ? Thanks community!

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Login Page for CM1000v2 just refreshes when I try to login

Definitely check to see if you can get it RMAd. Ya seems like something is borked on the web page service side. 

Good Luck. 

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try a different browser and/or pc. 

Also, when you reset, did you push and hold for up to 15 seconds while powered on. 

Message 2 of 11
Lestdog
Aspirant

Hello, thanks but yeah I did all those and just did them again. Page just refreshes and clears the login form. Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

make sure to have password managers disabled. 

make sure there isn't any spaces in the default settings. 

Also, try disconnecting the coax cable. 

What browsers did you use? 

Message 4 of 11
Lestdog
Aspirant

Plemans, thanks again. 

So I've tried:

• Edge 
  • Firefox (Windows)
  • Opera (Windows)
  • Safari on the Mac and iPhone over wifi. 

I have 1password extension on Opera and Safari, but I don't think it's getting in the way. 

Tried with coax cable disconnected. Same behavior. 

I made a screen recording showing exactly what happens. 

https://manyarms.com/netgear/netgearLogin.mp4 

Thanks again for the input!

Message 5 of 11
Kitsap
Master

What router brand name and model number is connected downstream from your modem?

If you are using a Windows computer, go to the network properties and make sure the network profile is private as opposed to public.

Message 6 of 11
Kitsap
Master

Have you tried to connect your computer direct to the modem without any router in between?

Power down your modem and computer.  Connect the computer direct to the modem and boot the modem.  Wait until the modem has booted and stabilized.  One of the last indicators to illuminate will be the internet connection.  Wait a few minutes and boot up your computer.  It may take a few minutes for your ISP to assign an IP address to your computer.  Try to log in to the GUI of your modem.

Message 7 of 11
Lestdog
Aspirant

Thanks Kitsap 

So I gave that a go and the results are the same.  There's certainly something wrong with it . It works I just can't get into the web interface.  Also when I shut it down and restart, it takes several passes before it connects to the ISP. It can take up 20 minutes before it fully connects. After that it just works. 

I think I can live with for the time being. Next time I go on vacation I'll send RMA it. 

Thanks everyone!

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try, Factory reset the CM modem by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds. After you let go of the button, disconnect the ISP cable coax from the modem. Then pull the power plug from the wall for 1 minute then plug back in. With out the ISP cable coax line connected, see if you can access the modems web page at all. 

Message 9 of 11
Lestdog
Aspirant

FURRYe38 

Thanks, yeah still the same deal. I just have to think the page server is corrupted. I don't what this means as far as security but the modem is working. So I'm not sure if I should just live with it or RMA it.  In the meantime I can just live with it. 

Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Definitely check to see if you can get it RMAd. Ya seems like something is borked on the web page service side. 

Good Luck. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7