Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Modem Status: Can Someone Decipher These Numbers?

Carbo2
Tutor

Modem Status: Can Someone Decipher These Numbers?

I've been having ongoing issues for about a month.  Half a dozen or so dropped connections every day.  3 or 4 minutes would pass and then I was back online.  Took weeks of pleading with Comcast to send a tech, as they insisted the problem was my equipment.  The modem log files showed frequent T3 and T4 timeouts.
Anyway, tech showed up yesterday and told me my neighbors are having the same problem and Comcast is aware of the issue and will be addressing it soon.  In the meantime, the tech replaced the cable coming into my house and removed a power booster and splitter that weren't needed.  No dropped connections since yesterday, but my ethernet connection has slowed noticeably. I'm on the Extreme Pro tier, rated at 600Mbps.  Prior to yesterday, whenever I ran Speedtest my ethernet connect to my laptop would top out at 720Mbps.  Now, it has been as slow as 95Mbps, with an occasional bump back up to 720.  Wifi is up and down, also.  I'm sitting 3 feet from the router, (TP Link AX50, wifi card is an Intel AX200), and my speeds average around 225Mbps.  I've attached a file with the latest modem connection numbers.  For those of you who understand these things, (I sure as hell don't), anything jump out that may be tweaked for better performance?  Thank you.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

your signals look good other than a bit high. but there's no errors so not as big an issue. 

are you still getting t3/4 errors? 

Are you using wan link aggregation? 

What speeds do you get directly off the modem? (disconnect the router)

Message 2 of 3
Carbo2
Tutor

It's been 24 hours and no T3/T4 errors.  In fact, not one entry in the log file.
I am not using link aggregation.
I haven't run the laptop directly off the modem yet, but I will in a bit.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7