Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N600 C3700 Wifi Speeds Slow

newstudent
Aspirant

N600 C3700 Wifi Speeds Slow

I have read on this site and online that this is a known issue and yet Netgear is not responding unless you are willing to pay for them to manually go in and adjust the settings! This is what I was told last night because my 90 day support is over! I have Xfinity 150mbps I get 11mbps on 2.4 and 21mbps on 5! Xfinity has checked and said the issue is with the modem, which I might add is rated to 300mbps! PLease make a video to show your customers how to make the adjustments instead of trying to hold us hostage to fix your product. The attached screen shot was of no help. 

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What are the wired speed results with a wired PC?

Some wifi devices don't support fast wireless speed testing. Check with your devices Mfr support site to see what your devices support. 

What are your current wifi settings? 

@newstudent wrote:

I have read on this site and online that this is a known issue and yet Netgear is not responding unless you are willing to pay for them to manually go in and adjust the settings! This is what I was told last night because my 90 day support is over! I have Xfinity 150mbps I get 11mbps on 2.4 and 21mbps on 5! Xfinity has checked and said the issue is with the modem, which I might add is rated to 300mbps! PLease make a video to show your customers how to make the adjustments instead of trying to hold us hostage to fix your product. The attached screen shot was of no help. 

Message 2 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

Message 3 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

The devies I am using is an Ipad Pro, Iphone10, A new Acer R13 Chromebook, and a New samsung Note phone. All are capable of fast wifi. I have been on other peoples wifi with these devices and the wifi is showing at a much faster speed. I did a speed test on my Nvidia shield using a ethernet cable and it is 142mbps.

Message 4 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Well the 3700 is a 300Mbps x 300Mpbs using N600 WiFi Transmitters/Receivers (Tx/Rx)—
2x2 (2.4GHz) + 2x2 (5GHz) antenna configuration. Most newer devices are 4x4 which allow for more speeds. 

Though I believe you should be able to get around 130-150Mbps on wireless speeds tests. 

Has a factory reset been performed on the modem and setup from scratch. Go in and use default SSID and wifi settings and set a new PW, then do some checking with your wireless speeds. 

Any other feature settings under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Advanced wireless? If you see WMM enable, this needs to be enabled. I don't know if you'll see beamforming or smart connect. This modem maybe pre release to those features. 

Message 5 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

I sent a few screen shots of what you are looking for I think 8-)

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

I don't see any pictures attached to the posts here. 

Message 7 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

The pictures are attached in message 3
Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Any other feature settings under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Advanced wireless? If you see WMM enable, this needs to be enabled. I don't know if you'll see beamforming or smart connect. This modem maybe pre release to those features. 

Message 9 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

I did a factory reset, I took another screen shot of the settings you requested I check

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What speeds to do you see on 5Ghz if you disable WPA security temporarily and speed test? Re-enable WPA2 and AES after testing. 

Message 11 of 13
newstudent
Aspirant

5Ghz is down to 14mbps, the 2.4 is up to 20mbps today, I did not see any change when I turned of and on the security settings you requested. By the way thanks for all of your advice 8-)

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Might turn this modem in to a modem only and connect up a external wireless router. Something like a R series router with Wifi. R7000 to review. Or an Orbi system. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7