Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NetGear C7000 Drops connection daily

DrTz
Initiate

NetGear C7000 Drops connection daily

I've been around and around with Comcast with reseting, updating Boot files, etc. Nothing works.

I've taken the first C7000 BACK to the store and exchanged it for another one on the off chance it was just a flaw in the first one but the second new one is doing the same exact thing. Dropping connection different times of the day.

We will lose internet connection and the router must be power cycled off and back on to get it to come back on.

While the connection is lost I can still see all local devices connected to the Router/Modem both wired and wireless. The internet connection is just gone. Once I cycle the modem it comes back on for a few hours. We get between 8 to 12 hours before the Internet connection drops back out again.

Comcast says there are no outages in my area and they have updated the boot file etc. So I'm guessing there's a FLAW in the C7000 causing this issue. This is a brandnew $230 Modem/Router combo. It should work as designed and not be causing these issues right out fo the box. I've seen many others with this same issue on this same device.  LEMON LAW?

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello DrTZ

In the logs of the cable modem are you seeing any type of T4 or T3 timeouts?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
DrTz
Initiate

@DarrenM wrote:

Hello DrTZ

In the logs of the cable modem are you seeing any type of T4 or T3 timeouts?

DarrenM

No, I'm not seeing anything like that. Both wired and Wireless go down at the same time. Meaning, both wired and wireless devices on the same router/modem go down and lose connection. The little "GLOBE" icon goes OUT. If I perform a power cycle it comes back up for a few hours then does it again without warning.

I've removed all splitters on the line and directly connected the Modem/Router to the BNC outlet provided by Comcast.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

At this point if the cable company is not seeing a issue I suggest contacting our support.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
BILLROGERS1000
Aspirant

I have same problem for a 9 month old device that's been replaced twice, called and was told to pay $200 for a service policy that covers all of my electronics's including my smart TV. What a scam.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7