Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear CG3000DV218

canucken275
Follower

Netgear CG3000DV218

I've recently been having issues with my internet and am trying to isolate it down to either the router or the provider. Comacast is the provider and its cable. 

The desktop is wired using ethernet directly to the port on the modem. The tv and xbox are wifi.

Lately I've been having issues with all of them. The desktop won't connect if it goes to sleep on its own and I have to restart the modem. The xbox will randomly quit during gaming and netflix will often stall out 90% of the way through a movie and I'll have to go and unplug and restart the modem. What tests can I do on it? Netgear seems pretty useless in terms of support relying only on the community for that. I'm not that technically inclined beyond unplugging everything and plugging it back in. 

Just need to know if its a provider issue or the modem.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear CG3000DV218

Hello canucken275

Have you checked to see if you have a cable splitter on your cable line between the modem and the wall if so try to remove that and go directly to the wall. Also try swapping out coax cables or if you have other active cable outlets in the home try moving it to another outlet. If doing any of these improves the problem then its most likely related to signal strength. You can also call Comcast tech support they can run diagnostics on the modem to check the levels some what they can also check for packet loss and utilization in the area. Let me know what you find out.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7