Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear switch GS116 V2 will not connect to Netgear C7000-100NAS

Jason7181
Aspirant

Netgear switch GS116 V2 will not connect to Netgear C7000-100NAS

Whenever I connect the Netgear C7000-100NAS to the Netgear switch GS116 V2 I loose all internet and wifi. It used to work and then all of a sudden I lost all internet and wifi.  I disconnected the GS116 V2 switch and then WiFi and internet come back.  I have moved the cords arounnd the switch and nothing changes. I plug into the back of the modem/router and get full service as long as the switch isn't contected to the modem/router. The other thing that I noticed is if I unplug the modem/router from the switch lights start to blink on the switch where the cables are attached. The power light is on when and doesn't flash.

Cable to modem/router and then switch connected into back of modem/router.

Looking for help.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a new switch. There cheap on Amazon...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Connecting LAN port #1 or #4 of the modem to LAN port #1 or #16 on the switch? 

Ensure your inbetween LAN cable is of good working quality. CAT6 is recommedned. Swap out LAN cables for a known working cable between the modem and the PC to test. 

The switch is unmanaged so should be plug in play with out any configurations. 

Message 2 of 6
Jason7181
Aspirant

I have tried connecting lan port #1 or #4 of the modem to lan port #1 or #16 on the switch and it still no internet.  I have tried all different combinations and still cuts the internet out. I have also unplugged the router and switch and then rebooted both of them. Also have done a factory reset on the modem/router. I'm starting to wonder if the switch is bad. But I'm not sure why it would cut out the internet.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different switch to see. 

You did swap LAN cabling correct? 

Try the switch with a different router if you have one, just connect them gether with a PC to see if it works. You don't have to connet the router to the internet or modem. 

Message 4 of 6
Jason7181
Aspirant

Yes I did switch lan cabling. Same thing. Unfortunately I don't have another switch to try.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a new switch. There cheap on Amazon...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7