Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New C7100V Running Slow!

AVab
Aspirant

New C7100V Running Slow!

Now

Model C7100V - not available from the drop down model selector!!!!

I just purchased a Nighthawk C7100V Cable modem, Router, and WiFi for use on XFINITY X1 Triple Play. The installation and user documentation on line at Netgear or included in the box does not match what runs on the device. Even after I called support all they could do was apologize and say they have nothing to do with that and they could not help me with that issue!!!

I needed to set the device into bridge mode yet the instructions were not correct as the Netgear Genie program on the device has COMPLETELY different options. Even the address to gain access to the device is incorrect!!! The documentation says to access the unit you must typoe in this address: http://192.168.0.1. WRONG! The correct address is 192.168.100.1. The support person told me it was IMPOSSIBLE to gain access to the unit after it was in bridge mode. All that was wrong was the address. I now have access to my Netgear C7100V via the Netgear Genie app on the device. And it is configured for Router Mode OFF - a new way to say put it in bridge mode not "turn off NAT mode" as the documentation states.

Message 1 of 6
AVab
Aspirant

Now that I got through the bad documentation and have my C7100V setup and functional, it is running WAAAAAAAAAY slow. The Arris TM822 telephony modem I replaced was getting 270 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up. The best I can get with my new 960 Mbps rated Netgear C7100 is 177 up and 24 down. Any ideas?

The MTU is set to the default which is the Max - 1500.

Message 2 of 6
zinca
Guide

Did you get anywhere with this? I was getting 300 Mbps but having some connection issues. Put the 7100 in bridge mode, and now only getting 95 Mbps. Huh? 

Message 3 of 6
AVab
Aspirant

My issue turned out to be a xfinity provisioning error. They downloaded the wrong file to my modem which caused the slow performance. 

Message 4 of 6
Ed_Dowdy
Aspirant

I am running slow again. I turned off the router mode once a couple weeks ago and lost all internet access. I thought I had my sloww issues resolved, but I noticed Comcast updated the firmware to 2.01.33. Now one second it's 180 down the next it's 3 down.

Message 5 of 6
Ed_Dowdy
Aspirant

Chock my problem up to operator error. Had device prioritization turned on in Velop app.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7