Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk CM2000 leds burnt out

SDTN
Aspirant

NightHawk CM2000 leds burnt out

my nighthawk CM2000 modem , looks to have the power led and the globe internet led burnt out can they be replaced. Everything seem to be working ok. the upstream and downstream led ar lit as is the multi link blue led. Internet speed s are normal on the upload and download. The latency are higher than normal, 18 on upload and 98 on down load.

the modem diagonistics say all is good except the download power is too low -17.1, not sure that is related.

It is just odd that those led are not lit.

Thanks,

Scott

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NightHawk CM2000 leds burnt out

See others post this before abou the LEDs. No much you can so unless you wanna to contact NG support. 

If power is too low for the modem, needs to be raised as per this:

https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router

Message 2 of 4
SDTN
Aspirant

Thanks for a quick reply. The modem is out of warranty by 1 month. Just my luck.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I probably wouldn't mess with it if its still working. Soldering in new led's just puts you at risk for frying something. 

If you can still log in and see everything through the gui, thats what I'd use. 

And if you're at -17dbmv on the download power, you need to check your line. Thats way to low and out of spec. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7