Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x4s Ac3200 C7800 2.4ghz band issue

brod625
Initiate

Nighthawk x4s Ac3200 C7800 2.4ghz band issue

Hi all,
I'm sure this has been addressed many times on other models, but this one I haven't seen specifically with this model (AC3200 X4S)

For the last few weeks, I've been having trouble with my 2.4 ghz band connecting to things on my Nighthawk X4s Cable Modem Router Ac3200 C7800. It either doesn't allow any connections, anything that connects to it says "connecting" and fails after a period of time, or barely gives any data.

I've tried rebooting, changing multiple settings like 20/40 mhz coexistence, changing ports, changing the DNS servers, what say you.

An example I can give as to how it doesn't work is my Samsung NU7200 TV. It can only connect to the 2.4 GHz band. It will say that it is connected, go through the tests fine. But, once I go onto an app in the TV, such as YouTube, it will say that YouTube is unavailable, or it will continue to buffer.

I'm kinda at my wits end. I'm with a local cable company for my internet, with the firmware V3.01.36. I'd like to know (especially with a Netgear Moderator) if there's a fix in the works or an actual fix.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk x4s Ac3200 C7800 2.4ghz band issue

have you done a factory reset?

Message 2 of 5
brod625
Initiate

Yes, I have rebooted it and a factory reset to no avail.
Message 3 of 5
Yitsy
Aspirant

Bumping this topic. Once 5GHz has been activated 2.4GHz is not available and has 0 internet connectivity, I have devices in my house that do not support 5GHz.

Things I've tried

• Factory Reset
  • Different placement in the house
  • Turning on/off 20/40 MHz Coexistence
  • Tried multiple channels with a preference to 1/7/11

Some support on this would be fabulous and hopefully, Netgear can get their stuff straight. I've been hopping between forums and this has been a common issue. I am feeling disappointed investing in this piece of hardware. Smiley Indifferent

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Does anything connect to the 2.4Ghz radio if you temporarily disable WPA security for this radio? Re-enable WPA2 and AES. If nothing gets any data or traffic from the internet from the 2.4Ghz radio, then we an presume the unit is faulty and needs to be RMA'd. 

You should file a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@Yitsy wrote:

Bumping this topic. Once 5GHz has been activated 2.4GHz is not available and has 0 internet connectivity, I have devices in my house that do not support 5GHz.

Things I've tried

• Factory Reset
  • Different placement in the house
  • Turning on/off 20/40 MHz Coexistence
  • Tried multiple channels with a preference to 1/7/11

Some support on this would be fabulous and hopefully, Netgear can get their stuff straight. I've been hopping between forums and this has been a common issue. I am feeling disappointed investing in this piece of hardware. Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7