Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power flashing green, and others flashing orange

winthwe03
Aspirant

Power flashing green, and others flashing orange

I woke up today and I am having the same exact probelm reported below. 

Previous Problem Link 

Are there any solutions for this issue? I have contacted support and sent provate messages to moderators. 

It has not been a year since I bought this modem, hopefully can get a free replacement and an upgrade with me paying the extra amount. 

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Power flashing green, and others flashing orange

A description of you're actual problem is beneficial and not just a link to someone elses. 

Can  you access the modem?

Are you able to get a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs?
if it is a hardware failure (unknown based off your info), you'd need to go through support. this is the community support forum where members of the public help out. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

Message 2 of 6
winthwe03
Aspirant

I bought this modem in December of 2021. It was all good but today it's power was glashing green, Uplink, downlink and internet icons were flashing oragne, and ethernet was solid orange. 

Here's a video showing the lights flashing (this is not my video, but my router is behaving exactly the same way). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdvgEQA7R4

I called Xfinity and they are unable to detect it from their end. I have restarted it multiple times, unscrewed the coaxle cable and re-screwed it multiple times. 

I have also tried a different power adaptors with the same voltage and waatage but with no luck. 

I cannot acces the modem connectivity page. It will not detect that it is power one. 

Please don't tell me i need to replace this one this early. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you have the coax cable disconnected from the modem and you power off the modem for a couple minutes and then boot it back up, does it do the same thing? or what happens for its startup sequence?

Message 4 of 6
winthwe03
Aspirant

It does the same thing.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If its doing the same thing without a coax plugged in, then it sounds like a hardware failure and you'd need to contact support. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7