Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400v2 Dropping Connection on VPN

Creosote
Aspirant

R6400v2 Dropping Connection on VPN

I recently starting getting very intermittent connectivity using my work laptop. All my other devices work fine (WiFi cameras, other laptops, iPhones etc) and my work tech support told me that it is because the VPN is very sensitive to any connectivity issues. I am unable to connect to the router through Ethernet (the connection never gets established and sometimes says “unidentified network, not connected” or it reconnects to WiFi). I am able to connect to Ethernet through my modem, but then of course none of my other devices (such as my security cameras) will work, so this is not a solution. I have performed a loop back test and lights do light up. My firmware is up to date.

I would hate to have to purchase a new router since this one is only 1 year and 3 months old, but I constantly get disconnected from my work VPN.
Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6400v2 Dropping Connection on VPN

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Good Luck. 

@Creosote wrote:
I recently starting getting very intermittent connectivity using my work laptop. All my other devices work fine (WiFi cameras, other laptops, iPhones etc) and my work tech support told me that it is because the VPN is very sensitive to any connectivity issues. I am unable to connect to the router through Ethernet (the connection never gets established and sometimes says “unidentified network, not connected” or it reconnects to WiFi). I am able to connect to Ethernet through my modem, but then of course none of my other devices (such as my security cameras) will work, so this is not a solution. I have performed a loop back test and lights do light up. My firmware is up to date.

I would hate to have to purchase a new router since this one is only 1 year and 3 months old, but I constantly get disconnected from my work VPN.

Message 2 of 6
Creosote
Aspirant

Thank you! It uses the Nighthawk app so I didn’t realize it didn’t fall under Nighthawk. It’s posted there now.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any nighthawk app issues, Please post about this in the Nighthawk app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 6
Creosote
Aspirant

I don’t think this is related to the app. Thank you for the response though.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements